Saturday 14 May 2011

Let's get ready ...

Although I have mentioned May 15th as the day my trip starts, I guess it really starts today.
Arrived back in the Wye Valley at 4.30am this morning having picked-up dear mum from Gatwick airport (no, not on the bike) and have grabbed 4 hours of sleep. Mum talked the whole journey, in fact had me in tears of laughter as she relayed stories of the precarious driving expeditions she encountered as a passenger with her sister who lives in Cyprus. Mana mou kori mou.
I hope to set off around 4pm today and another weather check shows I should be in a boat, not on a bike! Rain is forecast for this afternoon and looks like it will still be raining when I arrive in the Dijon area (Burgundy, France) tomorrow at about 5pm.
Have to do some final running around and organising, paperwork, bike checks and then I can start loading. Excitement is properly building now and I'm keen to get going.
In the meantime, I would like to thank Natasha at Insurance Choice for all her patience and help in finding the right insurance cover, Adam at Vodafone, Mike at Infinity Motorcycles, Nippy Normans and James at BMW, Battersea. Also a big thank you to Nick Sanders for his passion and inspiration and Chris Scott for his advice and AMH, the perfect biking book, both of whom I was thrilled to meet at the Bike Show, NEC, Birmingham, last year.
Catch you later before I set off ...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Wye Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment