Monday 23 May 2011

Back on the road

Although a late start following a lunch in Porto San Giorgio with a few wedding stragglers, decided to head inland. Opened the map and noticed a big blue bit which was within the 250 kms radius I set myself ... Lago Trasimeno ... Glorious!

Macerata, Tolentino, winding roads through Assisi and Perugia, then Magione and after some lake circumnavigation found the perfect spot ... Passignano sul Trasimeno and a bit of a treat, the Hotel Lido, a room with a view right on the lake shore.

Taking it easy, so just a quiet beer and a very small snack given that I have eaten and consumed enough in the last 3 days to keep a herd of migrating Wilderbeast going for week. Although I did enjoy the raucous festivities, the peace of the lake shore is a perfect respite ... I will be in bed early tonight as I realised the 3 coffee stops on the way here were needed; I'm still tired. Guess I'm not as young as I used to be and my recovery rate struggles to keep pace with treacle.

Noticed a launderette while wandering around earlier which is perfectly timed as many more days will see my paniers quarantined; that's my morning chore before I trek on ... Naples I think via the coast; 400 plus kilometres but much more via non-motorway so may stop sooner, let's see how the day goes.

It's now 9pm and this lake is looking more beautiful by the minute ...

Nite nite x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris, Following your adventure with great interest - outstanding job falling asleep on the beach!!! Looking forward to hearing the next installments of you and the trusty BMW. Take care, Paul & Lynne x

    ReplyDelete