Tuesday 3 May 2011

First Blog: First Post ...

Midnight, May 2nd; my first blog; my first post; with less than two weeks to go to my road trip. My trusty motorcycle (BMW R1200GS) and I are off for a wander so I thought I would set up this blog as a diary; I hope my discipline holds and I keep this up-to-date. Some background first, in brief ...
I'm 52 and have been separated for some two years after 20 years of marriage. Our son of 22 is building his own independence, so life's commitments, not all by choice, have lessened and all is much simpler. Therefore, having found myself in a somewhat liberated space, I thought I would take it to the next level and stopped work about 6 months ago, hence opportunity prevails (at least until my limited funds run out), so given my love for two-wheeling travel, I'm off into many sunsets (should be Going West ... doh!).
May 15, I plan to leave the UK and slowly zig-zag my way to my only commitment of the trip, a wedding in Italy, which will be a delightful kick-off  for what should prove to be the biggest, longest trip I ever taken.
I won't go into detail as there isn't any because I have planned very little; I intend to literally take every day as it comes and see where the mood of the day takes me.
All very exciting and I'm keen to get started but have some organising to do ... ordered spare bulbs, medical kit, air pump, and stuff from Nippy Normans today; arranged European breakdown cover through the AA (why does that feel like cheating) and found my passport and some Euros ... nearly there (sooo not).
Anyway, see you tomorrow, when I christen the tent with a trial run in the garden.

1 comment:

  1. cant wait to get all your news, have a fantastic adventure chris!!! Keep safe! Love you loads XXXXXX

    ReplyDelete