Friday 20 May 2011

Ciao Tutti ...


It's now Friday morning in peaceful Monte Urano, the wedding venue, and from the minute I got here, the hospitality has been over-whelming. Ciao tutti, a huge wood table that seats 20 at a time in the mama's kitchen, enormous amounts of food, constant chatter and laughter, local vino and formaggio. So Mediterranean, so wonderful.



Not much to say about yesterday's trip as I needed to be here in time for lunch and having got up a little later than I should have done, I ended up just gunning it down the autostrada; Modena, Bologna, Cessana, Rimini, then right soon after Ancona. About 350 kms in just over 2 hours, again full marks to the R1200GS, from 1st gear switch-backs to eating up road at a constant 100+ mph, she just laps it all up; and to think that during my sportsbike years, I would say "if you ever see me on a BMW, shoot me" ... in truth, I can't fault the R1200GS, it keeps on delivering no matter what the circumstance.


Bike is parked up now until Sunday and looking very naked without all my clobber attached to it. Would be good to take her for a spin in the mountains without the luggage, if I can sneak away for a couple of hours.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment