Sunday 5 June 2011

Lazy Day


After a very jolly impromptu supper with Harry & Birgit who kindly insist I visit them in Frankfurt if I'm passing through Germany, I realised it was Sunday when I awoke this morning; truly, it's been 3 weeks on the road and the days, no matter what their name, are blending into one another but it's the Sundays in Italy that I need to remember as nearly everything closes. Anyway, the conclusion being that it shall also be a day of rest for me. Caught rays, read, swam, listening to music, dozed, not necessarily in that order but you get the drift.

I really like Sicily but I am starting to get that nomadic itchiness so I will sooth it with a sight-seeing ride tomorrow. First to Palermo, then up into the hills to Corleone; yes, that's right, the place made famous in The Godfather.

After this, I shall return to the campsite for one more night as the excursion to pay homage to Al Pacino is about a 300 kilometres round trip; besides I may have to make the campsite owner "an offer he can't refuse".
Tuesday, I will return to the mainland and make my way (slowly) to a port on the other side of Italy. I'm thinking Croatia, but I will let you know.

Sorry to say your weekend's over, but I hope it was a good one. Good night x

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment