Sunday 19 June 2011

Chilly Chilli-tastic







Good morning campers ... Campers?
The wind is now gusting with gusto, temperatures down and there was the odd shower overnight with a storm due later today. As you can see from the forecast rain map it's pretty much the same all over Europe and the UK. The tent, bless her, has survived unlike the larger one next to me that was flapping like a flag and needed attention during the night from it's inhabitants.
Having already decided to wait out the weather, I lay-in this morning but when I popped my hay-stacked head out the front door this morning (like I have any other doors!), literally half the population of this campsite has vanished overnight. Maybe it's a Sunday thing or that wasn't the sound of rampaging wind last night but an alien spaceship or they know something I don't. As I enjoy my second cappuccino in the campsite cafe, I watch even more leaving and no new campers replacing them. If this keeps up I'll have the place to myself. Yippee!






Not much to say as I wait for the weather other than last nights supper that had me giggling to myself. Went to the local mini-market for some bits and returned to the 'porch' of the tent. Laid on my tea-towel from Bolsena (Italy), a bottle of very drinkable, cheap-as-chips red, fresh bread, etc. The 'what I hope' are sardines looking at the picture on the can, turns out to be a delicious tuna and vegetable mix in a tomato sauce. So here I am, cross-legged, at the entrance to my canvas villa, scoffing from a sardine-like can, it's lid curled up like a false eyelash, resembling an alley cat in a waste bin. Couldn't be happier.
Main course done, so cheese and biscuits obviously.
Well, I thought the safe-bet Dairy Lee looking spread cheese, all individually wrapped, perfect for on-the-road travel, was the easy choice. Cor blimey! First bite and I all but ran and dived into the cold sea fully clothed. I had failed to notice the large picture of a chilli on the cheese box; doh! bit of a give-away that. After my mouth calmed down to a gentle smouldering, it was actually rather nice so I flamed my way through three more triangles. With music from my iPhone as perfect company followed by Billy Connolly's Radio 4 Desert Island Discs podcast, it was lights outs.

Another great day ... Slovenia tomorrow.

Happy Father's Day Dad and Happy Birthday sis x

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment