Sunday 12 June 2011

Just One More For The Road ...

As the sun set's over Dubrovnik and I delicately saver (scoff) my hotel restaurant chicken and chips on the terrace, I have decided to make one last culinary and cultural venture. Today, I have had my arm easily twisted by a very friendly mum'n'son team that I have come to know over the last few days; they run Orlando's, a delightful, comfortable cafe that I frequent whenever I need a caffeine hit which seems to be often on this trip (I think I've mentioned it already).
It turns out that they are members of the same family that owns Proto where I had that fab dinner last night and what's more, they have another establishment about 40 kms south that was an old mill. Well, after Nikse showed me the pictures, I was sold so tomorrow I will ride the mountains to Konavle where this traditional restaurant along with its nationally dressed staff, is to be found.
Although I only intended to be here for a couple of days, it has turned out to be twice that time as Dubrovnik has me smitten, so just one more day for the road is well worth it. I will feast a fine lunch tomorrow in a Croatian stylie and then make preparations to head north on Tuesday morning, up what portends to be a spectacular coastline. I shall return to camping and beans before I completely exhaust my funds and my belly no longer glides into my leathers (not that it ever glided, maybe globbed, but never glided). Besides, I'm getting that itchy feeling again, ye olde antsy-in-the-pantsy, and even though I've been on little daily excursions here and there, it's the idea of heading somewhere new that creates the need to go.

Early night tonight, once I've seen the highlights of today's F1 Canadian Grand Prix, the MotoGP's at Silverstone and the Le Mans 24 Hour ... maybe not so early then ... toodle-pip x

No comments:

Post a Comment