Monday 25 July 2011

Rain Rain Go Away

I've had a peaceful few days in Slovakia and the picture perfectly portrays the serenity of the lake-side site were I was staying.
The picture also shows a severe lack of blue sky as there hasn't been any for some time. I would love to say that the weather isn't everything but like the frazzled parents who are desperately trying to keep their rain-dampened children amused, it does take its toll.

It's raining heavily but I decide to move on to Poland regardless so I loaded the bike and wet-saddled it to Krakow. The clouds are mountain top low, thick and grey as far as the eye can see but I stick to last nights planned route and head for the hills.
I take the road to Zdiar, continuing through the numerous ski villages including Tatranska Javorina where I stop for coffee, then into Poland, not that you would have noticed a border although the traffic seemed to increase exponentially for some reason; maybe it's a Monday thing.
More rain and more traffic later, I arrive at the internet-searched campsite located within the city limits of Krakow, which turns out to be ideal because they have cabins. I secure one without hesitation especially when I notice the weather chart pinned to the reception hut that colourfully forecasts thunderstorms for the next 3 days. Oh Yippee!
As positive as I try to be, this poor weather is beginning to get to me, as, in reality, it changes the whole experience when you're on a bike. A storm or two, here or there, can be a welcome change but day after day, and it just saps your enthusiasm, literal water torture! Hey ho. I shall take a wander around Krakow tomorrow, now that I'm here and move on somewhere on Wednesday.

Pray for sunshine or send some, whichever works best for you ...

Thanks,
Damp of Poland

2 comments:

  1. are you planning to go to any of the concentration camps? could be very thought provoking. Hope weather improves and you get to enjoy Poland! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krakow was featured in Ross Kemps Gang prog last nite, looked scary! football hooligans that were racist. Keep safexx

    ReplyDelete