Friday 8 July 2011

Eco-Shed

Sorry for the lack of typed word but when I'm not two-wheel moving there's not always much to report.
Still at Camp Vineyard 'working for food' and today's achievement from Green Construction was, very much, a green construction.
More cover for 'stuff' was needed so I built some. The open-air shed in the pic is today's effort and given this Children's Foundation runs on a shoe string, every penny counts. So I hunted and I found, although I'm not absolutely sure that a couple of planks were the neighbours but hey, all for a good cause. Pallets, odd lengths of timber, hole-repaired tarpaulin, electrical wire and every screw and nail used, recovered from old wood; all level and vertical on uneven ground, my Quantity Surveying Dad would be proud ... a very satisfying day.

A few boxes of second-hand children's clothes arrived today, collected by schools in Holland; the children were so excited you'd have thought Father Christmas had just turned up. Simple pleasures, delightful.

The site has thinned out to myself and an Estonian family of 3 who arrived this afternoon and have pitched a pretty small tent, me thinks it will be a little snug but then maybe, like me, this there first proper camping adventure. I suspect so, as one of the questions they asked me today (I think, they think, I'm part of the place), was "Where can they get some hot water?" She was holding a Pot Noodle at the time. I offered my camping stove given that now, I am, of course, an ardent camper!

Calendar wise, couldn't believe it today when Corrie wished me a Happy Friday; I literally responded with "You're kidding!" I've been here for 8 days, which have flown and it's probably going to be Monday before I leave, although Klaas is keen to take me to see the bear caves which he can't do before Wednesday. We'll see, I'm not rushing to leave.

Talking of Klaas, Corrie and he have asked me to join them for a glass in 10 minutes, (9.45pm here, 2 hours ahead of UK) as all the kids are now in bed, so I must sign off to relax in their easy company.

Happy Friday and sleep well, I will ...

No comments:

Post a Comment