Saturday 9 July 2011

And Relax ...

After a monster 11 hour sleep last night, we finished our latest project this morning and its completion could not have been more timely as it's 36 degreesC in the shade today. Seriously hot but a cooling breeze keeps us all sane.
All the buildings here on the site have a name that starts with 'Casa', which is self explanatory, so according to, and with help from the children, my shed now has title (see pic below taken by Nina). I am touched and frankly, the mood that I find myself in, I would happily call it my home.


Showered and changed, I sat motionless in the shade while sun-sapping children played in paddling pools, flapping like wild ducks coming into land; Corrine prepared a perfect 'food for a hot day' late lunch for us all, which included the arrival of a young, now married, Dutch couple that met on this very campsite, 9 years ago. They now live here helping gypsy communities.
We had a wonderful afternoon that spread into evening; my intent fascination growing with every word of the unfolding stories and experiences revealed. Again, I am mesmerised by these people who sacrifice all they have and all their time, for the good of others ...

I liked today and I look forward to tomorrow ... the Sunday bells, calling, amoung others, shepherds to their religious flock, shall be my alarm.

I am replete. Nite, nite x

No comments:

Post a Comment