Wednesday 11 July 2012

Onward And Upward

It's 7am and time to say hasta la vista to Barcelona and head for the hills. Had an easy, relaxing day yesterday, strolling the streets, coffee-sipping people watching (which included Iggy-Pop), lunch on the beach and reading. Last year I read about Jack Kerouac's travels in his book 'On The Road'; this year it's Mike Carter's 'Uneasy Rider' tales which is an excellent and funny read if you like travelling. It is also where I learned about the Horizons Unlimited website that I registered with yesterday and why I'm excited about today.
I posted a question on the site asking for route ideas through the Pyrenees and boy, did I get a fantastic suggestion. I plotted the route on Google Maps first before programming a TomTom itinerary, and the resulting blue line that dissects Puigcerda and Llivia (a small Spanish enclave in France), sqwiggles like an intestinal tract. Oh goody!

Off to pack and load up now ... catch you later xc

No comments:

Post a Comment