Monday 9 July 2012

Barcelona Bekons

No messing about today, let's just get to Barcelona, after all it is one of my favourites. Nothing to say about the journey as I had my head down for most of it and with 400 kms to cover, I just wanted to get there by mid-afternoon.

Arrived in the busy centre around 3pm, parked up on a pavement, right outside one of a thousand cafe's and quickly consumed two delicious capo's. Where do I stay? Thought a trek up into the hills behind the city may offer a villa bed & breakfast with vista but after an hour of hunting and baring the exceptionally well position Hotel Gran Florida at 175 Euros per night, I returned to the buzzing metropolis to seek shelter.

A quick surf of the internet and I found a place with ensuite, free WiFi, 24 hour reception and private secure  parking, all for 40 Euros and centre, it certainly is, just off La Rambla.
Hmmm ... the room is most definitely small and cozy but perfect if you're my size! Frankly, it's fine and for the price in this quite expensive city I'll have it ... for two nights actually. I have riden over 1,100 kilometres in the last 3 days and I would like to give my rear a rest, not that I need an excuse to spend time in the beauty that is Barca.

Right I'm all settled, have brought you up-to-date and re-formatted my previous blogs that don't format well when posting via mobile. Sounds crazy but I'm off on a sushi search ... probably my most favourite bite and need a fix as it's been some time.

Sayonara xc


No comments:

Post a Comment