Monday 25 June 2012

Back On The Road ...

Helloooo, remember that summary of last year's trip that I was going to do... well ... it was a 'promise' with all good intention but here I am, more than a year later and yes, I didn't get round to it. Shame really as there were lots of stories that I missed out in my 'reportings' but those of you that have done blogs, know the effort and time that they take!
Anyway, enough excuses, what's more fun, at least for me, is that I'm back on the road ... yippee, wrapped in large dollops of hoorah's ... quick segue about hoorah's ... me, I'm a horrah kinda guy but many will spell it hurrah which I note the spell check only question's the former ... well, bollox (spell check that you annoying laptop thingy), it's hoorah for me. I find the pursing of the lip formation while executing the sound far more pleasing, so there, but do carry on hurrahing after the "hip pip". Struth, I really can prattle on about nothing and it's only been 3 glasses ... you still reading or gone to make a cup of tea.
Where was I ... oh yes ... ferry from Portsmouth at 8.15 this morning, destination Caen. Full of more kids than primary school. I really had forgotten how much noise a herd of junevilles (as my mate calls them) can make; I AM getting old! Even on deck where I sneaked out for a ciggy, the sound of lashings seas, Atlantic winds, squabbling seagulls and the infinite-horsepowering drone of  colossal ferry engines, were but a semi-demi-tone on the volume of "Like, One Direction are sooo much better than JLS"!
I know, I'll go watch a movie ... "Bonjour, excuse-moi madam", started well, "what movies you playin'?", poor finish. Ah, ticket for Herge's Adventures of TinTin ... Spielberg and Best Animation, excellent! Snuggled down in reclining bliss when KAPOW! Literally, 2 mins into the movie the herd descend like Wildebeest with bags of sweets that were wrapped in firecrackers! I felt a "BE QUIET" coming on but their teacher beat me to it. Wasn't that bad really but when we arrived at port, I rode off the ferry pretty sharpish before they did a kid-count on the coach (just kidding ... no pun intended).

So headed South toward my first stop in Nantes and the hope of better weather ... well you would have thought so ... I'd been heading directly towards the equator for 4 hours and it was still f**king raining. Began to feel like that character in the old Peanuts cartoon strip that always had a rain cloud above his head!

I've just read what I've type and it sounds like I'm off to a terribly miserable start but in truth it's absolutely not the case ... I'm totally chilled and back doing what I love most ... will leave it there for now but I will do my best to keep y'all up-to-date. Bonsoiree x

PS Clepto, if you're reading this, massive big-up on your European Tour and I hope to catch up with you somewhere in this Continent in the next few weeks ... CHARGE!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE YOU CUS!!! SEE YOU SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great one cuz! Safe travels and adventures! See you on the road!

    ReplyDelete